ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
The Communications Bureau is a comprehensive communications consultancy with branding and digital expertise. The Los Angeles- based collective helps brands understand and navigate the quickly changing media landscape through considered relationships, zeitgeist-led research and results driven campaigns.
The non-traditional consultancy offers its clients a global and strategic point of view through an extensive network in Los Angeles, New York and London. The Communications Bureau has a partnership with global branding agency Redefined, whose clients include Apple, Spotify, and SXSW. The strategic alignment allows the consultancy to deliver creative, content and communications campaigns to its partners.
In this new and exciting role you will work closely with the The Communications Bureau’s leadership on executing its client’s strategies. The Public Relations Manager will be the daily point of contact for media and should have established relationships with journalists across multiple mediums to include national broadcast, print and online. The ideal candidate is proactive, entrepreneurial and results-driven.
- Secure meaningful and considered press coverage for clients based on agreed strategy and target audiences.
- Write press releases to support client’s launches, initiatives and campaigns.
- Create and maintain media contact lists and editorial calendars.
- Track and monitor press coverage and compile monthly reports for clients.
- Deliver creative, forward-thinking ideas to clients
- Planning and implementing of special projects from conception to execution, including seasonal previews, client launches and brand experiential activations.
KEY SKILLS & CULTURAL MINDSET
- Relationships with print, broadcast and online outlets
- 3-4 years of of experience in public relations (agency or in-house)
- Digitally savvy and entrepreneurial.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and a critical thinker.
- Self motivated and hard working.
- Interests in fashion, interior design, beauty and tech.