ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
The Communications Bureau is a comprehensive communications consultancy with branding and digital expertise. The Los Angeles- based collective helps brands understand and navigate the quickly changing media landscape through considered relationships, zeitgeist-led research and results driven campaigns.
The non-traditional consultancy offers its clients a global and strategic point of view through an extensive network in Los Angeles, New York and London. The Communications Bureau has a partnership with global branding agency Redefined, whose clients include Apple, Spotify, and SXSW. The strategic alignment allows the consultancy to deliver creative, content and communications campaigns to its partners.
In this new and exciting role you will work closely with the Public Relations Manager on executing the tactical elements of the client’s strategies. The Communications Intern will support the agency in day-to-day operations to include administrative support, coordinating the shipment of campaign assets and managing the company’s social media platforms. The ideal candidate is creative, proactive and incredibly organized. The intern must be a student and eligible to receive college credit for their participation.
- Support chief executive officer administratively.
- Research and provide insight on culturally relevant moments, events and issues as it relates to the brands the agency represents.
- Research digital influencer landscape and maintain database with up-to-date contact information.
- Review press coverage for clients and research relevant media opportunities.
- Oversee shipment of samples and campaign assets working closely with media, digital influencers and the agency’s clients.
- Deliver creative, forward-thinking ideas for The Communications Bureau’s social media platforms, executing posts and monitoring reactions.
- Assist the team in planning and execution of special events to include seasonal previews, client launches and retail activations.
KEY SKILLS & CULTURAL MINDSET
- Experience and/or interest in fashion, interior design, beauty and/or tech.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Considered taste level and strong presentation skills.
- Focus in marketing, public relations or journalism preferred.
- Digitally savvy and entrepreneurial.